Nik was born in the former USSR and immigrated to Israel at the age of 16yo, where he completed his secondary studies. His University education was completed in Australia, in English, and has the advantage working comfortably with cultural diversity. Nik also speaks Russian and Hebrew.
Nik’s career began in training adults. After this, he completed his University education with Griffith University, graduating with:
- Bachelor of Psychological Science with Honours,
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science, and
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice,
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Psychology Board of Australia (General registration)
- Australian Psychological Society (Assoc MAPS)
In 2007, Nik started his work with Mind Zone Psychology (ME), focusing on psychometric assessments, performance enhancing interventions, and later, psychotherapy.
Since 2008, Nik began working with an organisation, which was later established as Psychology Services Qld (PSQ). During this time, Nik provided assessments and psychotherapy, assisting his adolescent and adult Clients (primarily, ages 15-64yo) address mental health concerns, as well as cope with chronic pain and physical limitations.
Today, in addition to his work with ME, Nik continues to contribute his efforts and expertise with various organisations, as well as participating in academic and other contributions to the knowledge in psychology under the guidance of Griffith University and the Australian Psychological Society.
Nik aims to assist the referral organisation provide the Patient with best treatment and aims to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Working as a full time psychotherapist, Nik has literally helped hundreds of Clients.
He has experience in working with:
- anxiety disorders,
- alcohol, drug, and gambling addictions,
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD),
- impulse control and anger management,
- bereavement, grief, and loss,
- first psychological aid,
- schizophrenia / psychosis,
- poor self-esteem and self-confidence,
- motivation concerns,
- weight management,
- sleep and appetite disturbances,
- coping with chronic pain / health concerns,
- athlete / executive performance enhancement / ultimate performance,
- social / relationship skills,
- work-life balance and career concerns,
- as well as many other concerns
Nik aims to assist the referral organisation provide the Patient with best treatment and aims to work as part of a multidisciplinary team utilising a flexible, eclectic approach to psychotherapy to suit the needs of the particular Client. In his work, he has many theoretical interests including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),
- Interpersonal Therapy,
- Acceptance Commitment Training/Therapy (ACT),
- Positive Psychology,
- Psychology of performance enhancement,
- Psychological Assessment,
- as well as other interests